Digital Asset Adoption, Stock Market Situation and Crypto Winter will be discussed at the Wealth Today Summit in its next edition by experts from ADGM, Kraken and TDeFi
The Wealth Today Summit agenda will broadly discuss the current investment climate and what the future of wealth and investing looks like.
The agenda will highlight some of the most critical topics, including but not limited to family office interests in digital assets and the venture capital space, fund tokenization, assets alternatives and investing in offshore jurisdictions.
Dubai – United Arab Emirates: As the wealth management and investment ecosystem matures in the age of technology, the latest trends, including digital assets, offer both opportunities and concerns. The rise of the crypto economy and other critical topics will be on the agenda of the Wealth Today Summit scheduled for June 21, 2022 at the Address Dubai Mall Hotel.
The Summit will be an industry-focused event that will highlight critical emerging trends and unveil nuances and key concerns during a day of interactive knowledge and networking sessions.
In 2021, a Goldman Sachs survey found that nearly half of the more than 150 family offices have businesses that want to add digital currencies to their stable of investments.
Ahead of the event, the organizers have unveiled a list of distinguished speakers from the region’s leading finance and digital asset management companies, who will be part of the panel discussing these topics.
With decentralized finance leveraging emerging technologies for financial transactions without relying on intermediaries, there will be a fireside chat on the topic – “DeFi for family offices – a good diversification game?” The panel will be composed of:
- Wai-Lum Kwok, CFA, Senior Executive Director, Authorization and Fintech, FSRA, ADGM;
- Benjamin Ampen, Managing Director MENA, Kraken Crypto Exchange, and
- Dr. Ryan Lemand, Co-Founder and CEO, Neovision Wealth Management.
“The Obvious Path for Institutional Capital in the Next Decade” will be discussed by:
- Saqr Ereiqat, co-founder, Crypto Oasis
- Faisal Hasan, CFA, Chief Investment Officer, Al Mal Capital
- Basil Al Askari, Co-Founder and CEO, MidChains
- Jeff Zhou, CEO, Lbank Labs
- Dr. Ryan Lemand, Co-Founder and CEO, Neovision Wealth Management and
Moderated by Robert Ansari, Head of Investments and Retirement, IMETA, Mercer.
Cryptocurrencies are making their way into every investor’s playbook. On the panel dealing with “Family offices investing in crypto: next steps”, there will be:
- Phillip Gillespie, Co-CEO, B2C2,
- Stefan Kimmel, Head of MENA Trading and Operations, Kraken Crypto Exchange,
- Karim AbdelMawla, associate researcher, 21 Actions
- Bijan Alizadeh Fard, Co-Founder and Partner, Cypher Capital.
- Bhavin Shah, Partner and Head of MEA, Forensic Risk Alliance – Moderator
The future of digital assets. Trends, challenges and opportunities for investors will be covered by:
- Zabella Demirchian, FT NFT Market Manager, SoftConstruct
As the ecosystem buzzes with news about the adoption of digital assets, the session on “Tokenization of Funds and Virtual Assets – The Blueprint” will feature the following panelists:
- Gaurav Dubey, CEO, TDeFi – Crypto Incubator and Consulting
- Peter Coates, Chief Strategy Officer, Peregrine Digital,
- Alexander Rapatz, Managing Partner, Black Manta Capital Partners,
- James Munce, CEO, Abu Dhabi Catalyst Partners
- Gaurang Desai, Managing Director – Strategy, Equiti Group
- Bhaskar Dasgupta, independent director and adviser – moderator.
Speaking on the future, the panel on “Sailing into Tomorrow: Investing in Alternative Investments and Hedge Funds” will be:
- Hashim Kudsi, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Liwa Capital Advisors
- Obediah Ayton, Managing Partner, Synaptech Capital
- Talal Tabbaa, CEO and Co-Founder, CoinMENA
- Vinay Bharathwaj, co-founder and co-CEO, Stockal
- Sonali Goila, Head, Venture Capital and Private Equity, Panthera Capital Investments
- Dr Ataf Ahmed, CEO, Graphene Investments – Moderator
Venture capital funds are enjoying unprecedented returns, aided by a robust economic ecosystem that is proving ideal breeding ground for tech startups. Dialogue on “Family offices navigating the venture capital space: Finding the right chemistry” will be:
- Prashant Tandon, CEO and Managing Director, Lighthouse Canton Capital,
- Chetan Mehta, CEO, Wami Capital
- Saeed Al Darmaki, Founder, Sheesha Finance
- Valerie Hawley, Affiliate Founding Partner, True Global Ventures 4 Plus, and
- Bhaskar Dasgupta, independent director and adviser – moderator.
The discussion on “Investing in Offshore Jurisdictions: Themes and Considerations” will be:
- Jyoti Keshavan, CEO, Xanara,
- Muhammed Yesilhark, Chief Investment Officer, NOIA Capital,
- Michael A. Blank, Managing Director Family Office, Patronus Wealth Prive DIFC
- Feroz Sanaulla, Partner, Roland Berger,
- Alex Gemici, Chairman and CEO, Greenstone Equity Partners, and
- Henzie Healley, Partner and Managing Director, Mezzle Middle East – Moderator
Prior to the summit, some of the speakers shared their thoughts, citing recent industry trends and changes.
“The crypto economy is becoming an integral part of Dubai and the UAE. Regulators are taking a proactive stance and providing a solid foundation for not only the biggest conglomerates but also retail companies to integrate Crypto into their business.
TDeFi is at the forefront of crypto innovation and has brought its incubated companies into this thriving ecosystem. This helps expose the latest technologies and solutions to companies planning to be crypto-enabled, as well as real-world adoption by our portfolio companies.
Our partnership with The Wealth Today is part of our larger plans to be a positive contributor to the regional economy for today and tomorrow! – Gaurav Dubey, CEO, TDeFi – Crypto Incubator and Consulting
“It’s an honor to join the Wealth Today Summit. Although technically a startup, our knowledge and experience in the field takes us way beyond this brand. There are a few hot topics we’ll be discussing this time. And as the world faces major shifts in DeFi and crypto in general, talking about it is paramount. It’s about what each entity involved can bring to the common table, how they can challenge the industry and create a better future for the entire community. This is what FasTToken aims to do with its vast scale of operations. During our keynote, we will discuss what the future holds for digital assets. and what are the trends and opportunities for investors.” – Zabella Demirchian, FT NFT Market Manager, SoftConstruct
About Wealth Today
The Wealth Today is a communications platform for professionals and organizations shaping the landscape of finance, banking, wealth, investing, commerce, technology and business.
Legal disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We assume no responsibility for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licensing, completeness, legality or reliability of any information in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, please contact the provider above.